Tuesday, May 29, 2012

ALMS and their TV?

As the casual sports fan, I sometimes watch ESPN. Am I proud of it? Not really. But if I need to know something, I'll watch it. But lately, one thing that I just can't seem to find out by watching ESPN is when they plan to broadcast the latest American LeMans Series race. ALMS left SPEED because they weren't getting enough exposure. For whatever reason, they thought they'd get more with ESPN. I know more about the next broadcast of the NHRA on ESPN2 than I do about the latest ALMS race. In fact, as much of an ALMS fan that I am, sometimes I enjoy the fact that I can watch them on ESPN3.com. It's very nice to know that if I miss it, I can watch it. But I would rather not sit on my computer chair and watch a re-run of a race that I would rather have seen live. I can watch Grand-Am on SPEED live, why can I never seem to catch the ALMS races on ESPN live? In fact, are they even live? I wouldn't know. ESPN never says anything about it. Never it seems do I see one promo for ALMS. I see promos for the NASCAR Nationwide Series all the time. And it's easy to know when that is on. You ask yourself, when is the Sprint Cup race on? If the answer is Sunday, it's most likely on Saturday. If the answer is Saturday, it's probably Friday. I don't understand why they need promos for NASCAR, when it's the promos for ALMS that's needed. The coverage is pretty decent. It seems like they have people who know their stuff working their ALMS coverage (I especially liked Jeremy Shaw covering a few races last year) and that's a really good thing. They just need to get the word out more. Instead of telling me when the next NBA game, which people probably already know about, why not tell me tell me when are where I can catch the next ALMS race.

No comments:

Post a Comment