Friday, June 8, 2012

Going into a Packed Weekend of Racing

Well guys, it's another packed week of racing. IndyCar at Texas, NASCAR in Pocono, and F1 in Montreal are the big 3 I'll be watching this weekend.

But let's start with the obvious. For those of you who missed the Prelude to the Dream, you're not alone. I too missed it. But of the things I heard, were pretty funny. First off, apparently it was a crash fest and Danica Patrick looked pretty good. Or so I heard. And second, I guess Kurt Busch used the phrase 'premature ejaculation' in an interview with Dick Berggeren. I guess Kurt was trying to have a little fun on pay-per-view television. The guy might be suspended, but I guess he was taking full advantage of what he had there.

Now then, looking now at Pocono today, the repave looks fantastic. The cars look fast and the drivers seem happy. But that repave now makes Pocono an eyesore for me. I'm all for safety, but a track without grass just kills it for me. Grass is what's stopping drivers from going 9 wide on straightaways. My next pet peeve here is still the catchfencing. I loved seeing the trees move around in a horrifyingly violent manner when all the cars zoomed by. Now, you can barely even see them move. Plus, there's no grandstands, the cars are going too slow to completely fly over the wall (of course, Kasey Kahne would say otherwise) so why install them? Oh well. At least I have the memories to live on.

Now on to Texas. Another oval for the IZOD IndyCar Series. If it's as good as Indianapolis was, we're in for a real treat. I'm posting this before I've seen practice yet. Or even qualifying. But I am just so excited to know that FINALLY turbocharged engines will zoom around Texas Motor Speedway. And I pray that it's a safe race. Anything could happen, but with a field as talented as this one, we might see safe, yet wild wheel to wheel action. Just like we've so desired.

Finally, my favorite circuit (next to Valencia) on the F1 circuit is finally here. Montral. Yes. I love the track and so far, from what I've seen, it's gonna be a gooood race!

Be sure to check back in on Monday when I give my weekend wrap up! Take care everyone and enjoy the weekend of racing that lies ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment